Compassionate Counsel And Tailor-Made Divorce Solutions
The Meadows Law Firm knows that divorce is one of the most difficult experiences a couple may ever have to go through. It is fraught with conflict and numerous disputes, as each spouse grapples to find some kind of middle ground.
Because we have handled a variety of divorce and family law cases, we know how important it is to put your family’s best interests first. With our legal assistance, our West Chester, Ohio, divorce attorneys can offer you the compassionate support you need at this time.
How Our Butler County Divorce Attorneys Can Help
During a divorce, your head will be filled with many worries: child care, custody, dividing your assets and telling your family about the divorce.
When you work with the Meadows Law Firm, you can rest assured knowing that you have a knowledgeable legal advocate working to help you with every aspect of your divorce case from beginning to end. We handle the legal work, so you can focus on your family.
We can help you decide on what may be most ideal for your family law matter, including:
- Child custody
- Child support
- Legal separation
- Resolving marital debt
- Dissipation of assets
- Property division
- Visitation time
- Stepparent rights
- Grandparent rights
- Parenting time and planning
Our Butler County divorce lawyers are committed to providing our clients with sound, compassionate legal counsel. We strive to provide you with the most effective guidance so you can be confident you are making the right choices for your future.
Why Should You Choose Us?
At Meadows Law Firm, we understand that no two divorces are the same. You may be worried about the custody of your children, while another divorcing couple without children may be more concerned about the division of assets. Our West Chester divorce lawyer can listen to your needs and create a divorce strategy unique to you.
We understand how stressful this can be for both you, and your family, which is why we will first try to help our clients find a mutually agreeable settlement. This avenue can help you save money in the long run as long drawn out divorce trials can quickly become rather expensive.
We also understand that these types of cases can become heated, and couples often become embroiled in a contentious tug of war over each other’s wants. We cannot stress enough how much more advantageous it is to your case when you have an experienced counselor working alongside you, and keeping you informed about how your case is progressing.
Benefits Of Hiring The Meadows Law Firm:
- 45-plus years of combined experience
- Named in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Proven results in and out of the courtroom
- Small-firm attention, large-firm results
When you choose to retain a divorce lawyer from Meadows Law Firm, your goals become our goals. We align ourselves with your needs and work quickly and efficiently so you can get move forward with your life faster.
3 Things To Consider When Thinking Of A Divorce
Ending a marriage is never easy, especially when there are children involved. If you and your spouse have discussed getting a divorce, here are three things your West Chester, Ohio, divorce attorney wants you to start thinking about.
1. Organize Your Finances
When couples divorce, both parties feel the financial repercussions. If you and your soon-to-be-ex-spouse can talk amiably, consider discussing how you plan to separate your finances.
Things to consider:
- Dividing Assets: Perhaps you and your spouse share a moderately sized family home filled with high-valued antiques, maybe you have multiple properties in multiple states, either way, you should consider who would get what after the divorce.
- Credit Score: It is a myth that your credit score is tied together once you are married, but anything you may have co-signed on with your spouse could affect your credit negatively. Before you start the divorce process, check your credit score and make a note of all joint accounts or loans you and your spouse have.
- Shared Bank Accounts: If you and your spouse currently have shared bank accounts, you may want to consider opening up separate accounts. This way you can easily create a clear boundary between your incomes and your spouses.
- Insurance Benefits: If one spouse is covered by the insurance benefits of another, you may want to discuss what divorce could mean for those benefits, especially if one of you is sick and in need of the coverage.
Think about how much this divorce will affect you; now try to understand just how much it will affect your children. Remember, you and their co-parent are their support system, it is paramount you discuss how you plan to talk to your kids about divorce, so they are emotionally prepared for the big changes ahead.
Things to discuss with your children could include:
- Whether or not they will be living in the same house
- Will remain enrolled in the same school
- How holidays and weekends may change
In addition to discussing the changes your children will face, you want to assure them that this divorce is not their fault. You will also want to try to refrain from badmouthing the other parent or painting them in a bad light.
3. Choose A Knowledgeable Divorce Attorney
As you and your family embark down the pathway of divorce, choosing a West Chester, Ohio, divorce lawyer to navigate you through the legal process can significantly improve the experience. A good divorce attorney will be compassionate, listen to your family’s needs and then develop a legal plan best suited to those needs.
Compassionate Legal Advocacy
As your legal advocate, you can depend on the Butler County, Ohio, divorce attorneys at the Meadows Law Firm to handle every aspect of your divorce case. From start to finish, we are committed to providing you as smooth a process as possible.
If your primary concern is your children, we can work with you to develop a child support and child custody plan that works for you, your spouse and the needs of your children. If you and your spouse do not have children, we can focus on the other aspects of the divorce process that are of importance to you. As your divorce attorney, you can count on us to ensure your rights are protected, your needs are addressed and your family’s future is secure.
To learn more about how Meadows Law Firm can help you, please schedule your free 30-minute case consultation with us today. We would be more than happy to sit down with you and discuss your options.