Proven Representation

Group Of Attorneys
Proven Representation

Help To Modify Your Child Custody

People often think the divorce process itself is the hardest part, but for parents, this couldn’t be less true. Usually, parents continue to be involved in each other’s lives because of child custody and child support arrangements. The court will often order that the child has sufficient time with both parents. However, life is continually changing. For example, a parent might get a new job that prevents them from having the same child custody arrangement as before, or the parent might be able to work fewer hours, allowing him or her more time to spend with his or her child.

If you need to alter your child custody order, don’t hesitate to give our skilled Butler County family law attorneys a call. We have more than 20 years of experience to offer your case, and our attorneys are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Let us help you navigate through this process.

Call us at 513-454-6746 to get started on your case today!

How Modification Works

If you and the other parent agree to the modification, you can simply file a motion asking the court to modify the previous custody order. There will be a filing fee for submitting the paperwork, and you will have to complete court-required forms that will be attached to your motion. You then submit your written agreement to the court for approval. Make sure to file it in the same court as your previous agreement. If the change is substantial, consider replacing the entire agreement to eliminate confusion.

For parents who cannot agree on a change of custody, the person who wishes to modify the agreement must file their own motion with the court. The person who is asking for the change and filing the proposal will have to fill out the court-required forms and pay the filing fee. He or she will also need to serve the other parent with a copy of the filing through the court’s clerk. When proving custody should be modified, you or your attorney needs to convince a judge there has been a substantial and unforeseen change in the circumstances of the residential parent.

Talk to Us About Your Case

If you need to modify your child custody order because of a change in circumstances, let us help. The Meadows Law Firm is dedicated to aggressively representing our clients and helping them through life-changing situations. Let us see what we can do for you.

Contact us at 513-454-6746 or fill out our online form to schedule a free 30-minute case consultation today.

The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Rated By Super Lawyers Top 100 Ohio
Rated By Super Lawyers Top 50 Cincinnati
BBB Accredited Business