Termination of Child Support

Let Our Skilled Butler County, Ohio Child Support Attorneys Help

After a while, child support becomes unnecessary. The state of Ohio handles the termination of child support orders judicially and not administratively, so the process is not done quickly. The more you know about your circumstances, the faster the Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) can process the cases.

If your circumstances have changed and you think you no longer need to pay child support, talk to one of our skilled Butler County child support attorneys as soon as you become of aware of the fact. The Meadows Law Firm can help you organize your case, so CSEA processes your child support order more quickly.

Get your case started by contacting us at (513) 334-0777 today!

Reasons for Termination

Mom kissing child's head

There are many reasons a parent might no longer need to pay child support, the most common cause being emancipation. Once a child has reached 18 years of age and has either graduated from an accredited high school or is no longer attending school on a full-time basis, or is 19 years of age while still attending high school, that child is considered emancipated.

Other reasons to terminate child support include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • Child’s death
  • Child’s marriage
  • Child’s enlistment in the armed services when he or she doesn’t attend an accredited high school on a full-time basis
  • Child’s deportation
  • Change of legal custody of the child
  • Child’s adoption
  • Obligor’s death
  • The parties of the case (re)marry

Let Us Help You with Your Situation

Even if the court should be aware of when your child turns 18, each situation varies. Sometimes parents pay child support much longer than they should. The residential or custodial parent of a child is responsible for notifying the CSEA when there is a reason to terminate a child support order, but this may not happen. If the parent of your child fails to inform CSEA of the need to discontinue child support, you can contact the CSEA yourself at any time.

To ensure you don’t pay any more child support than you need, contact our skilled West Chester child support termination attorneys as soon as possible. We have more than 20 years of legal experience to put to work on your case. Let us see what we can do for you.

Contact us at (513) 334-0777 or fill out our online form to schedule a free case consultation today.


  • The Meadows Law Firm Extremely thorough & Professional

    - Avvo Reviewer

  • The Meadows Law Firm Highly recommend him

    - Avvo Reviewer

  • The Meadows Law Firm The best attorney I've ever worked with!

    - Avvo Reviewer

  • The Meadows Law Firm If you ever need a lawyer that treats you with respect, and gets things done quickly, call Jeff Meadows .

    - Michael T.

  • The Meadows Law Firm I would encourage anyone reviewing this to consider Meadows Law Firm for representation.

    - Kevin Gray

  • The Meadows Law Firm I would recommend Jeff to anybody.

    - K.S.

Prev Next

Let's Fight For Your Rights

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Put Us On Your Side